Yes – we are open!
We are offering all of our usual services and are open our full hours, but obviously have instigated many precautions to help keep our team and you safe during this difficult time.
We’ve introduced strict infection control measures for all team members to ensure the safety of everyone.
We have increased our disinfection measures within the clinic. Anyone who has symptoms of a cold, or who has been in close contact with someone who has a case of COVID-19, will not be returning to work until they are healthy. We are also working to keep the waiting room as clear as possible and those who would like to wait outside or in their car are welcome to do so.
Our aim is to continue to operate throughout this crisis as safely and efficiently as we can to ensure that our patients continue to receive optimal care, despite the circumstances, and that access to that care remains available. Obviously we shall be instigating and following all of the necessary Government health guidelines as required ensuring adequate social distancing and disinfection.
Veterinary hospitals have been listed as essential services at a State and Federal level, although not all are deciding to stay open. We have operational plans in place for every different stage of this crisis which are designed to be appropriate to safeguard your and our health as the rate of community transmission increases in Northern Brisbane. At the moment we are operating as normal with LEVEL 2 restrictions which include:
• No entry to the clinic if you are unwell or have had respiratory symptoms within the last 2 weeks.
• One healthy adult person may accompany a pet at a time. Only 3 patients may be in the reception area at any one time. You may be asked to wait outside or in your car until your appointment is due.
• Contactless payment methods only. (No Cash)
For those of our clients who would prefer a complete no contact approach we are also currently offering the following options:
• a “hands free” option whereby we will collect your pet from your vehicle, discuss the case with you by phone and then deliver your pet back to your car with the appropriate treatment.
• A home service, whereby we will collect your pet from your front door, transport them to the surgery, treat them and then return them to you at home.
• Telemedicine consultations using Zoom. Our receptionists will be able to explain how these work for you.
We are all in this together. We want you to know that we are here for you during this time and know that as a community we shall get through this.
We hope that this helps to take some of the stress away, knowing that your fur babies will continue to receive full and dedicated care during these difficult times.
Please let us know if there is anything that we can do to help!